Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Wading in Further (Testing the Journalism Waters)

Hello again! 
 
Last term I began with "TipToeing Into Journalism." This term I am "Wading in Further." 
 
Journalism was not my major, nor is it now. However, it is a different style of writing than I have ever done, so I find the challenge exhilarating.  What's different this term? Well, last term was the "facts and just the facts, ma'am" news reporting, while this term will be take a story and add some personal opinion and emotions. Right up my alley! I am really looking forward to stretching and expanding my abilities as a writer. I have known for some time that writing was a love of mine. Now I am finding it to be more so. Now, it is a passion.
 
So, what has happened since I last posted? Well...I completed my program in Practical Business Management and will be walking in graduation this coming June. EXCITING!! 
 
Spring Break did not bring a ton of downtime as household chores beckoned. Oh, don't worry, I took more downtime than I should have, but work was required. Thankfully my son and his girlfriend graduated from Job Corp and moved home, so we had help!
 
I am still writing for the Commuter this term, and have an added bonus of being named the Feature Editor. Due to a lack of a editor for this term, we are grouping off and each taking a portion of the duties. I am honored and excited to fill this role. I hope I do it justice!!
 
Lastly, what am I looking forward to learning this term? Once again, honing my writing skills is tantamount in my mind, but now I also get to see if my editing skills will hold up. This is the step I need to become the writer I want to be. 

Three goals for this term:

  1. Excel at feature writing
  2. Be an outstanding editor
  3. Find a job

Hey,thanks for indulging me for a minute!

It's all I have to say...for today anyway!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Faren Leader Helps LBCC Students Navigate College Challenges

Major changes for college students experiencing financial insecurities are coming within the 2023 year. These changes could make resources m...